Avast is one of the best antiviruses on the internet and it’s fairly easy to operate as well. There are tons of features available on avast antivirus that can help you protect your PC. even though we know that avast is protecting us, sometime it might be unnecessary to put many restrictions, such as website blocking on avast. If you are wondering how to stop avast from blocking websites, then this article will help you with that.
How to Stop Avast From Blocking Websites
If you are facing the same issue as everyone else and want to stop avast website blocking, then read the step by step guide to know how to turn off avast web shield.
- Open avast from the toolbar
- Now click on permission on the left-hand side
- Now select core shield in avast
- In the core shield, find web shield
- Right now, avast web shield is on, click on it to turn it off
- Once you tried to turn it off, it will pop up a message and asked you about how long you want to turn off avast web shield
- Click on stop indefinitely
- Once you have done that, it will prompt avast component stop sign, click on ok stop
- Now when you go back to avast web shield, it will be disabled
This way users can stop avast web shield and avast website blocking as well and find solutions for, How to Stop Avast From Blocking Websites. This might be harmful to your computer to lose avast web shield, but sometimes it blocks useful website that looks potentially dangerous as well. One of the common issues users find with avast website blocking is, it puts the website in avast URL blacklist. This means, even with Avast web shield off, you cannot access that website. In order to stop that, users need to add those websites in exception list or avast whitelist.
How to add Website in Avast Whitelist
- Open avast antivirus and go to settings
- Now find exception on the left side
- When you click on Avast exception, you will find add exception button, click on it.
- After that, add websites you want avast to whitelist and then click add.
- After that, you can see those websites in avast whitelist.
This way you can keep surfing without any interruption from avast. Make sure to keep avast web shield on for other potential threats and if it stops you from visiting any website, add it to avast whitelist.
Stop Avast Website Blocking FAQ
1. How do I stop Avast from blocking a website?
To stop avast from blocking websites, change the website shield status and it will allow users to visit any websites.
2. How do I allow a website through Avast firewall?
In order to visit any website that avast is blocking, add it to avast exception. It will add those websites in avast whitelist.
3. Why is Avast blocking my website?
Avast antivirus is designed to keep your computer safe and one of the easiest ways to get viruses inside is from websites. That’s why avast blocks websites, but sometimes it blocks good websites too. Make sure to add it to your avast white list and avast won’t block your website.
We hope this article will help you with How to Stop Avast From Blocking Websites query. If you have any questions regarding avast web shield or avast whitelist, then ask us in the comment section.