Slow Windows system is one of the most annoying problems, we literally won’t be able to complete our necessary tasks in our Windows Operating System. Usually, we look into the system task manager to find the actual cause for the slow functioning. What to do if Modern Setup Host is causing high CPU usage? Well, we recommend you to read further so that you can explore the fixing methods for high CPU and high Disk Usage Problems.
Methods to Fix High CPU Usage (Modern Setup Host)
We insist you perform the stated methods in your Windows Operating System one after another and check whether the problem “High CPU Usage” is fixed or not. (Boost up the functional speed of your Windows Operating System in 2021)
Run Troubleshoot in Windows System
- Firstly type settings in the Windows Search bar
- Click on the Setting option to open it
- Now find “Update and security” and click on it
- The next step is to click on the “Troubleshoot” option
- Now kindly, click on the “Windows Update” option to proceed further
- You will find the “Run the troubleshooter” button. Click on it.
- The troubleshooting process will consume some time, wait till it completes. Once done, restart your Windows system.
Delete Temporary files from your Windows PC
To execute this method you have to simply type (%temp%) in your Windows Search bar. Do not include brackets, it will display all the temporary files that exist in your Windows System.
Press Ctrl + A keys simultaneously to select all the temporary files, and click on the delete button.
Disable Suggestions, App Control, & Background Apps!
- Press the Window + I key simultaneously to open System Settings
- Click on System and find the “Notification & Actions” option
- Kindly, click on it and uncheck the 4th option i.e. (Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows)
- Go back to system settings and choose the “Personalization” option
- Under Personalization, click on the “Start” tab
- Disable the option “Show suggestion occasionally in Start”
- Firstly open System settings in your Windows Operating System
- Click on “Update and Security” Option
- Now choose Windows Security to proceed further with the steps
- You will find a tab “App & Browser Control” click on it and disable it.
Note: Make sure to enable it whenever you intend to download any software or application from Windows App Store or third-party platforms.
- Open System setting in your Windows System (Press Windows + I shortcut Keys)
- Kindly, click on “Privacy” from the given list
- The next step is to click on “Background Apps” to find a list of installed apps
- Disable the unnecessary Application in your Windows Operating System.
Repair Windows Update Errors (Command Prompt)
- Type “Command Prompt” in the Window Search bar
- Kindly click on “Run as administrator” to open the Command prompt
- Now, input the below-stated command one after another and click enter
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- The process will consume some time, wait till 100% completion.
Once done, restart your Windows Operating System.
Prevent Other Processes From Interfering With Modern Setup Host
- Open Run Window (Press Windows + R keys simultaneously)
- Now type (msconfig) in the given blank box. ( Do not include brackets)
- Click on the General tab and select the “Selective Startup” option
- Kindly, uncheck “Load System Services” and click on the Apply tab.
- Find the Services option beside boot, click on it
- Now what you have to do is to give a checkmark on “Hide all Software Services”
- The next step is to click the “Startup” option
- Now, open the task manager and disable all startup items, click on the OK tab.
- Once done, close all active tabs and restart your Windows PC.
Also Read: Termux Commands List: The Best Guide in 2023
FAQ for Modern setup host
- How long does a modern setup host take?
Usually, for minor updates, the Modern Setup host takes approximately 15 minutes, whereas for large software updates it takes up to 2 hours depending on your Windows System Performance.
- How to Fix High CPU Usage problems in Windows?
To fix High CPU Usage and High Disk usage problems in your Windows Operating System, perform the below-stated methods.
- Run Troubleshoot in Windows System
- Delete Temporary files from your Windows PC
- Disable Suggestions, App Control, & Background Apps!
- Repair Windows Update Errors (Command Prompt)
- How do you stop Windows 10 from updating?
Perform the below-stated steps in your Operating System to stop Windows 10 from updating.
- Open run Window (Press Windows + R)
- Type (services. msc) in the black box (Avoid brackets)
- Click on the service option to find Windows Update
- Now click on the startup option, find “General” and Disable it
- Restart your Windows PC!
We’re glad to introduce the reliable fixing methods for the Modern setup host (High CPU Usage) Problem. If you have any doubts or queries kindly, note them in the given comment section. We will look into it!