.NET Runtime Optimization Service using High CPU process? Did you find mscorsvw executable files in the task manager using maximum CPU? Many users found this process in their task manager that slow down their PC. however, it can be easily fixed by a few methods too. Read this article to explorer how to fix NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU in windows.
What is .NET Runtime Optimization Service?
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (or mscorsvw.exe) is a component of Windows that enables other programs to launch or boot faster. Mostly we never encounter this process in task manager but sometimes when this process is running slow or gets corrupted, it lags down the whole system. when this program runs, mscorsvw.exe pre complies the .net files, and windows treat this as a priority. Therefore when we find “mscorsvw” in task manager, it always consumes more CPU usage and takes hours (sometimes days) to complete the task. That’s why we have provided some of the working methods that could speed up the task that will complete the process. Read the article to explore different ways to resolve High CPU usage of mscorsvw.exe in task manager.
How to Fix .NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage?
- Speed Up .NET Runtime Optimization Service
This process is important for windows and we cannot end it abruptly. However, we can help the process to run faster and finish the task quickly. In order to achieve that, we need to run a few command lines in the command prompt. Here is how,
- Open Command prompt with administrative permission
- After that, we need to run some commands. These codes are for the specific bit system and we need to find what kind of bit system runs on our computer. On the desktop, right-click on my computer and go to properties, it will take you to your windows system page. There you can find the bit-type of your computer.
- Now if run this command line,
For 32-bit system – cd c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
For 64-bit system – cd c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
- After that, run this command
Once the commands are executed it allows .NET Runtime Optimization Service to use all core memory to complete the task instead of working in the background. This will speed up the process and once the task is over, we won’t find the mscorsvw.exe in the task manager eating all our CPU.
If you are unfamiliar with command lines or command prompt, you can use the NGEN scrip from Microsoft. Basically, it does ecstasy the same but we dont need to do it by ourselves.
- Visit the above-given link and right-click on the “RAW button.
- Now select save link as it will save the link as window script file or .wsf
- Now go to that folder and double click on that file to run the command
With this script, you can run a command which will speed up the process for .net runtime. This method will definitely escalate the .NET Runtime Optimization Service which in turn stops using High CPU. Even with this method, your computer is still running slow, you can try another method from our list.
- Restart .NET Runtime Optimization Service
We can always restart the process which is using more CPU in our system. However, this method will only work if you have NVIDIA Telemetry Container in your services. This process collects the user’s data from CPU usage, RAM, and other specification. However, this process also allows other NVIDIA container files that are connected with .NET framework. Here is how to restart mscorsvw.exe.
- Open Run console and type services.msc which will open services
- Now find “NVIDIA Telemetry Container” (press N to locate)
- Select the services and go to properties, now find the start and stop button
- Now click on the stop button and then start again
- After that, select the startup type as automatic
However, if you change these settings and face any error regarding the local computer or different account, then we need to look into it.
- In the NVIDIA Telemetry Container, go to log on tab
- Now select browse near “this account”
- Then write your account name in the box and click on the check names
- Once you found the object, press OK and close the windows(if password window prompted, provide your password)
These methods will only speed up the process and it won’t stop them. This will take lesser time than usual and once the task is complete, it will disappear from the task manager. However, if you are still struggling with .NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage, then it could be malware pretending to be a mscorsvw.exe file.
- Run Malware Scan
If the issue still persists and you find the mscorsvw executable files in task manager using CPU, then it could be malware. This malware works like a normal process but instead of helping users, it gradually slows down their system. Make sure to update your antivirus to run a full scan of your computer. You can find numerous softwares on the internet that are specifically designed to detect and remove malware from your computer. Find a better anti-malware software and make sure to scan your computer fully to find the error. But if you do not find any malware or virus, then it could be a third-party app that causing this issue.
- Perform Clean Boot in Windows
Running the clean boot can eliminate all the third-party app issues such as we encounter .NET Runtime Optimization Service. Here is how to run clean boot windows.
- Open Run console and type “msconfig” it will open a new window for configuration.
- Now in general tab, Clear the load startup items check box.
- Then in the service tab, check the box with hide all Microsoft services and then disable all
- Now to go task manager and disable all startup items
Then restart your system, once it rebooted again undo every step we mentioned above to run all systems normally.
FAQ for .NET Runtime Optimization Service
- What is .NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage?
This service allows other apps to boot or open faster, however sometimes when they update, it requires a lot of CPU to run the process. This will slow down the whole PC and runs for hours or days.
- How to fix .NET Runtime Optimization Service High CPU usage?
This service is actually helpful for windows and that’s why it will be a mistake to end the task abruptly. That’s why our methods will help this process to complete quicker, here is a list of methods,
- Speed up the process with command prompt(or run NGEN scrip from Microsoft)
- Restart services ( restart NVIDIA Telemetry Container)
- Run a malware scan
- Perform a clean boot in windows
- Is it safe to disable mscorsvw?
Mscorsvw is a service also known as NET Framework Optimization Service. Its legitimate services that allow other apps to boot faster. Disabling it will slow down other processes.
Windows operating system needs a .NET framework to run properly. But sometimes when files get corrupted or new updates are installed, it takes a big chunk of CPU usage in .NET Runtime Optimization Service. In this article, we have provided different methods to fix the high CPU usage of mscorsvw and allow them to quickly complete their task. If you have any questions regarding this article, ask us in the comment sections.